Tag Archive for: summer drinks
As the rest of the country swelters in the summertime scorch, folks in the High Country are comfortably basking in Breck’s inviting warm rays and cool mountain breezes while enjoying activities on the slopes… or, while relaxing on a deck soaking in the views of the slopes…. with a refreshing mixy in hand. Why do these ten short weeks cause Breckenridge-lovers to fall even harder for these perfect peaks? Mother Nature serves up summer in Summit on a silver platter of ideal weather for all who enjoy having fun in the sun (which means there’s no need to roast in unbearable heat or lock yourself away in an air-conditioned basement). Because you guys rock, the BOB staff scrupulously scoured local watering holes and lapped up countless cocktails in the name of research, enabling us to confidently bring you the best of Breck’s summertime bevvys. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it, and we would never let you down.
- MODIS: Known for being one of the swankier places on Main Street, Modis has one of our favorite roof decks in town. Lounge on one of their comfy couches while you take in the uninhibited views of the mountains. We give their happy hour an A+!
- Staff Favorites: Butcher Block appetizer and a French 75 cocktail.
- SOUTHRIDGE SEAFOOD: Now located in La Cima mall, Southridge is still serving up Breck’s finest seafood, but now boasts one of Breck’s best decks for dining (and drinking). With the only raw bar in Summit County and some of the best happy hour deals, you will want to make sure to stop in.
- Staff Favorites: P.E.I. Mussels (their signature dish) and a Watermelon Marg (or three).
- BURKE & RILEY’S: Enjoy traditional Irish fare, generously made libations and a second story deck in the heart of town. Burk’s is open late, making it a prime spot for nighttime munchies. This restaurant serves some authentic Irish foods like fish and chips as well as Shepard pie. They hae a large patio with some of the most amazing views of Breckenridge as well. If you’re looking for a great place to eat and mountains scenery, this place is the place to go!
- Staff Favorites: Irish Stew entrée and a traditional Moscow Mule.
- NAPPER TANDY’S: Warm up by the fireplace, play some pool, get a game of darts going or try to beat our high scores at Big Buck Hunter while enjoying one of town’s most popular spots. Napper’s has one of the tallest, most spacious decks in Breck and is a great spot to catch the sunset. Make sure to check out their sister restaurant downstairs, Salt Creek, for yummy breakfast and classic Irish meals.
- Staff Favorites: Chicken Finger Basket and a Green Tea Shot.
- BANGKOK HAPPY BOWL: It’s hard not to be happy when you’re admiring mountain views while munching on a plethora of authentic Thai dishes including curry, sushi and wontons. We also enjoy their happy hour pricing and occasional live music.
- Staff Favorites: Pad Thai and Purple Haze Sake.
- BLUE STAG: This local hotspot offers both a back deck to view the sunset on and a front deck with a fire pit, where you can choose to eat or warm up by the fire pit. The Stag is one of the prime places to grab a wood-fired pizza, which is served until midnight. Play a game of stump out front if you’re feeling rowdy!
- Staff Favorites: N.Y. Buffalo Wings and a nice tall B.Y.O.-LD Fashioned.
- FLIPSIDE: Boasting the best burgers in town and three floors of seating plus a full bar and outdoor patio, Breck’s new burger joint is as tasty as they come. The coolest part (pun intended) about Flipside is that they make MILKSHAKES. And, yes, you can get them with booze. As a matter of fact, they list suggested liquor pairings alongside their unrivaled shakes.
- Staff Favorites: Blueberry Pie Shake (with Huckleberry Vodka) and the Flipside Burger.
- RMU TAVERN: Rocky Mountain Underground is definitely Breck’s most popular up and coming bar. Featuring a huge deck with tons of seating in the front and an entire yard to play in with another FULL bar, hammocks, lounge chairs, regular live music, and cornhole out back, you’ll never want to leave. Shop while you sip and enjoy the truly unique ambiance of RMU. Charlie is our favorite bartender and serves tasty drinks!
- Staff Favorites: BYOF (grab a pizza from Giam’s) and the Ginger Spice cocktail.
- ROBBIE’S TAVERN: Nestled on the slopes in the Grand Colorado Resort on Peak 8, Robbies is quickly becoming Breck’s top ski bar and restaurant. Owned by locals who know their stuff, this spot comes complete with a huge deck lined by fireplaces. If you’re grabbing lunch while enjoying Epic Discovery or you’re hitting the bar after a long hike, Robbie’s is the place to go!
- Staff Favorites: Mac N Cheese (with pulled pork) and their famous Bloody Mary.
- KENOSHA: This spot rocks one of the best and biggest decks in town with plenty of seating and Breck’s only horseshoe pits. Bring the whole family down for some fun in the sun while you enjoy their amazing happy hour deals and famous steak.
- Staff Favorites: Brewhouse pretzels and the Dry Dock Apricot Blonde Ale.
Whether you’re outdoorsy in the sense that you like drinking on patios, or you’re an enthusiastic mountaineering activity junky, the decks of Breck have just the thing to quench any thirst you might work up as you celebrate the locals’ favorite season. This is REALLY good news for those of us who like to keep it cool while sipping on scrumptious seasonal fusions without a care in the world (well, maybe one: reapplying sunscreen after activities… or, in between rounds). It’s time to grab your drinking shoes and maybe even pack some biking, climbing, hiking or water shoes, too. The best time of year in Breck is upon us, and anyone who doesn’t get up here will be thirsty (and sweaty) until those flakes start hitting the ground.