Top 20 Winter Activities in Breckenridge
December 22, 2021 // Laurel Coffman
Breckenridge is known for skiing and snowboarding but there are so many more activities beyond the slopes. If you’re looking for things to do in Breckenridge this winter, look no further! We’ve rounded up the best Breckenridge winter activities so you can spend less time planning and more time enjoying your winter getaway.
- Step outside and try a winter snowshoe hike at one of many trails on national forest land.
- Take a cross country ski lesson at the Breckenridge Nordic Center.
- Ice skate at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8 Ice Rink just steps from the slopes of Peak 8.
- Enjoy a scenic horse-drawn sleigh ride and dinner at Gold Run Nordic Center.
- Sip hot cocoa at Ullr Café after a full day of skiing.
- Make reservations for a private yurt dining experience at Aurum.
- Challenge your mind and book an escape room for the family at the Gr8 Escape Room.
- Try your hand at axe throwing at MTN Axe Breckenridge on Main Street.
- Take a 6-mile dog sledding tour in the Swan River Valley.
- Explore the mountains on a guided snowmobiling tour.
- Hit the slopes and try skiing or snowboarding at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Pick up a sled or tube and hit one of the free sledding hills in Breckenridge.
- Stroll the Trollstigen Trail and discover a 15-foot-tall wooden troll hidden in the forest.
- Catch a Breckenridge Vipers ice hockey game at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
- For the early birds: get your blood pumping and uphill ski on Breckenridge Ski Resort before the lifts start turning.
- Treat yourself and enjoy a spa service at Infinity Spa.
- Shop for the perfect gift on Main Street.
- Catch a movie and enjoy a beer at The Eclipse.
- Take a Fat Bike beer and distillery tour around Breckenridge with Ridden.
- Watch blocks of snow transform into intricate art at the International Snow Sculpture Championships.
If you’re ready to book your trip check out our Breck Deals for slopeside accommodations in Breckenridge!