With so many wildfires happening all over Colorado and such dry conditions our thoughts have been with all of the people displaced and suffering due to the fires. We have been very lucky here in Breckenridge and Summit County so far and have no active fires right now. We did get a little rain this week but remain under a level 2 fire ban across Summit County. A level 2 fire ban means that there can be no open flames, fireworks or even smoking outside. We’ll let you know when this ban is lifted.
Let’s all do a rain dance and keep Colorado Springs and the other fire affected regions in Colorado and the west in our thoughts and prayers!
Even with the fire ban Breckenridge and Summit County are moving forward with planned events this weekend and through the 4th of July week. Of course all public fireworks displays in Summit County have been canceled but there are plenty of other fun events this weekend and next week. Here is a partial rundown.
- The National Repertory Orchestra is performing Aaron Copland’s 3rd Symphony Saturday at the Riverwalk Center.
- The Backstage Theater is performing Completely Hollywood Abridged this Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- The fireworks may be canceled but Breckenridge will still be the place to be Wednesday for Breck’s 4th of July Celebration.
- Celebrate biking in Breckenridge at Breckenridge Bike Week July 5th to 8th.
- The Vail Arts Festival starts today and runs through July 3rd. Tons of great art and food all weekend!
- The 3 Ring Weekend at Copper Mountain Saturday and Sunday offers a carnival atmosphere for the whole family.
- Celebrate Frisco’s’ Heritage at Founder’s Day from 10 am to 4 pm Saturday.
- Come see over $15 million in artwork at Frisco’s Green Art Festival on July 3rd and 4th.
- Come get your yoga on at Copper Mountain’s Wanderlust Festival, July 6th.