It’s starting to get cold up here! The coveted ski season is almost upon us, so make sure you get up here to enjoy the fall weather before the whole town is covered in a blanket of snow! Get the most out of the calm before the storm; enjoy the last few weekends of peace and quiet before ski season takes over. Don’t miss out on these fun activities and events, get up here and check it out for yourself!
Thursday, Oct 8th:
- Flip Fabrique: Catch Me! | 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm | Riverwalk Center | 150 W Adams Ave, Breckenridge CO | $10-Child, $25-Adult
Friday, Oct 9th:
- Climbing Wall | 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm | Breckenridge Recreation Center | 880 Airport Rd, Breckenridge CO | Prices Vary
- Saloon Tour | 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm | Breckenridge Welcome Center | 203 S Main St, Breckenridge CO | $15-Adult
- Backcountry Ball | 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm | The Village at Breckenridge | 535 S Park Ave, Breckenridge CO | $10-Child, $25-Adult
- Paranormal Tour | 6:00 pm | Breckenridge Heritage Alliance | 309 N Main St, Breckenridge CO | $15-Adult
Saturday, Oct 10th:
- Scooter Rentals | All Day | Breck Scooters | 500 S Main St, Breckenridge CO | Prices Vary
- Breck Bike Bus | All Day | Breckenridge Mountain Lodge | 600 S Ridge St, Breckenridge CO | Prices Vary
- 4×4 Jeep Rentals | All Day | Mountain High Rentals | 620 Village Rd, Breckenridge CO | Prices Vary
- Historic Tour | 11:00 am – 12:30 pm | Breckenridge Welcome Center | 203 S Main St, Breckenridge CO | $5-Child, $10-Adult
- Haunted Tour | 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm | Breckenridge Welcome Center | 203 S Main St, Breckenridge CO | $10-Child, $15-Adult
Sunday, Oct 11th:
- Breckenridge Distillery Tour | 11:00 am – 5:30 pm | Breckenridge Distillery | 1925 Airport Rd, Breckenridge CO
- Barney Ford Victorian Home Museum | 11:00 am – 3:00 pm | Barney Ford Victorian Home | 111 E Washington Ave, Breckenridge CO
Get away for a while and enjoy the peace and quiet up here while you can! Grab your friends or family and get on up here! Click below for the best deals on lodging!
It’s that time of year again. Here in Summit County, the despair that summer’s end may conjure is rivaled by the familiar, electrifying itch for winter. Although the anticipation leading up to Colorado’s favorite season is getting every skier and snowboarder’s adrenaline pumping, it can leave many of us in limbo during the interim. But, we have good news for you! In Breckenridge, limbo is far from terrible. We call it fall, and it’s a pretty awesome time of year here.
Why come to Breckenridge when the slopes are bare and temperatures are hovering around 60 degrees? First of all, autumn weather is ideal for hiking, horseback riding, cycling, Frisbee golf, fishing, leaf-peeping, exploring the peaks on ATVs and pretty much any outdoor activity that doesn’t require snowfall. When you can bike or rock climb while staying cool and dry, you’ll be able to push yourself further and enjoy it even more. If you’re an angler, you’re in luck. Fall is prime time for fly fishing, thanks to lower water levels and an earlier sundown. Experience that Rocky Mountain high you’ve heard so much about and saddle up for a scenic trail ride through the peaks with Breckenridge Stables. For a truly unique adventure, book an exhilarating cart or scooter tour with Summit County’s coolest sled dogs. If that’s a bit too venturesome, creep into the Halloween spirit with a Breck Ghost Tour or learn more about the town’s origins by tapping into a historic mining tour. Just try not to get gold fever!
One of the best features of this season is that you’ll reap the benefits of a much less crowded town while enjoying the best of what local businesses have to offer as they gear up for winter. Don’t worry about 75% of the town being shut down for mud-season; that won’t happen until May. However, mud-season pricing returns during fall and many local restaurants offer extreme discounts when you donate $10 to local non-profits for a two-person Dining Pass. Furthermore, various shops offer incredible sales and lodging is remarkably affordable (click here for the best rates in town).
If you’re not already bombing down the highway to Breck after reading all of that, you will be soon. Some of the most compelling events in Colorado are abundant during this time of year. Chase away the off-season blues by registering for the Breckenridge Road Marathon or the Flaming Foliage Relay. Do your part in giving back to the environment by volunteering at the Quandary Peak Trail and Ecological Restoration; the mountains will thank you. But, if you can only make it out here for one event, don’t miss the BGV Fall Fest at the Riverwalk Center. Still thirsty for more fall fun? Stumble back into the Riverwalk Center and catch a buzz at the Still on the Hill Craft Spirits Festival. Although it’d be easy to continue, we’ve got to get back to our Autumn Ales from the Breckenridge Brewery before they get warm. Why are you still reading this, anyway? Shouldn’t you be on your way here by now? Hurry up; we’ve got a cold one waiting for you!